Portland, Oregon Temple

Portland, Oregon Temple
Portland, Oregon Temple

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

We were tracting by a recycle center 

 A castle thing that this member made in their forest backyard

Taking a stroll through their backyard. it was awesome. 
I felt like I was in Hawaii but 60 degrees cooler.

Christmas tree farm


Me and Sis. Newman
 
They made this tree house thing...it was pretty cool 

This is Sister Newman waiting to back me out of our parking lot at our apartments. it was raining and she didn't want to get her bangs wet (which she calls her "fringe") so she was trying to stand under the little roof part that hangs down. it was pretty funny. 

Making carmel apples with some members
Family!

Happy Thanksgiving! That was so awesome to hear from you guys in Utah and see those pictures! We are having Thanksgiving with a family in the ward with all their extended family so it should be great. It will be my comp's first Thanksgiving. I'm excited.

Well it has been getting into the 30s this past week. A few days ago we woke up to frost on the ground and cars and such. My comp pretty much flipped. She's never seen frost before or ice on the ground. Hmmnmm, I wonder if it will snow this year. But my clothes keep me nice and warm. And so do my boots. Oh yeah, my brown boots came in this past week and I  LOVE THEM! Thanks for getting them here ma. So comfy and they keep my feet warm. I haven't even got blisters from them.

This past week we did a lot of tracting because we need to find people to teach. Saturday it was pretty interesting. That was the first time people were consistently rude to us...like each house. Whatever. I figured out a method to make tracting a more enjoyable experience....after each house I reward myself with a gummie bear. It's great.
This weekend was stake conference. It was pretty much awesome. We had Elder Richard Hansen from the 70 come. Saturday night was the best. It was all on missionary work and committing the members to pretty much be the finders and the missionaries are simply the teachers. Man it was good. The best part was he got four chairs on the stand. He and his wife sat in two and then  he called up our zone leaders on the spot and told them to teach the restoration to him and his wife in less than 7 min. They also gave them some microphones.  But he said it wasn't a role play, he and his wife were themselves. They both know the gospel very well, they both have strong testimonies. Man, if he called Sis. Newman and I to do that, I would flip out. The zone leaders did awesome. You could tell that they were pretty nervous but they did great. It brought the spirit in and did exactly what elder Hansen wanted to happened -To show the whole stake how a lesson could be with someone in their home. Simple, direct, powerful. He also promised that all those families with kids serving missions that if they bring people for the local missionaries to teach, that their missionary children would have people to teach. Something that the Mag Pad can think about as I am trying to find people to teach.....

We had a few lesson with some less actives. Those were good. Like I said before those people just need to feel loved. We did get let in with a lady that said we could come back that we tracted into. Her mom just died and she just got laid off...it was a good visit. Didn't teach her anything because she had dinner going but we see some good potential. Also met a man who's mom just died. We will come back to check on him after Thanksgiving. Man, all these people that just need to hear the gospel!

Well, hope everybody has a good Thanksgiving. I'll try to take lots of pictures!

Love ya!

Sister Magizzle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment