Portland, Oregon Temple

Portland, Oregon Temple
Portland, Oregon Temple

Monday, January 6, 2014

"Hello Everybody!"

Hello everybody! Thanks for all your emails and such!

This last week was a little more exciting. We started teaching a couple of teenage kids, 18 and 17 year old guys that are the friends of some members in the ward. We started teaching the 18 year old the plan of salvation at the member's house when the 17 year old just walks in to hang out with the 18 year old and the member's sons. He didn't know that we would be there. So we teach him too. He was asking some good questions and seems like he could really benefit from the gospel. His family life is not so good and I think that's why he likes hanging out at the member's house so much. The member  family is way cool. They really add a good spirit to the lesson and the parents always have good things to say that just make a lot of sense. I want to be like their family when I grow up. I also want to be like  the Stake Relief Society President in the ward.  She is absolutely amazing. So missionary minded, ALWAYS! Always inviting people over for dinner. Always giving people stuff from her garden. ALWAYS SERVING! Such a good attitude about everything even though she has trials and has been through a lot of stuff. So great.

Anyway, back to the boys. I can see the 17 year old progressing. Not so much the 18 year old. We will see. I really hope he keeps his commitments and prays! Oh my goodness he could benefit from the gospel so much! Everybody can.

New Years was pretty anti-climatic. It came and went. We played some games with some members for a little bit.

Had a few more lessons with some less-active families. So many of these people want to come back but they just don't know how. If only everybody knew how much we were loved by our Heavenly Father and it's never to late to pray or go to church or read your scriptures or change.

Next Monday is transfers. So if I don't email next monday its because Sis. Newman or I are being transferred and I will email Tuesday.

Thanks again for everybody writing! I love hearing from you guys! Keep up the great missionary work!

No comments:

Post a Comment