Portland, Oregon Temple

Portland, Oregon Temple
Portland, Oregon Temple

Monday, February 24, 2014

Here Comes the Sun!...NOT!

sighhhhhhhh, "sun-in"....if only there was enough sun for it to actually work

a  family from the ward. they are pretty awesome....

some random monkey bars across from a member's house
Sis Magnusson is hanging around waiting for referrals
 me and sis. quizon, we were in the same district at the mtc. we saw each other today at zone breakfast cuz today is transfers. she is getting transfered so i probably won't see her as much as i did. she is awesome. it looks like i just got out of the shower....oh wait, i did. 

Happy birthday to my most favorite brother! You are going to be the best missionary ever! I remember we were watching the I Love Lucy smashing grape episode when Dad called and said you were born.

So, today is transfers and seeing that I am here emailing y'all today and not tomorrow, neither I or Sis. Newman are being transferred. Sooooooooooooooo, that means we will have been together for 6 months.

This week was pretty anti-climatic. We shared the Plan of Salvation with the Jehovah Witness lady that the elders gave us. We dropped her after that lesson....or more like she dropped us. Gave us back the Book of Mormon we gave her. She said it was nice doing Bible Study with us but she isn't really interested in continuing.  We actually have a lot in common as a matter in fact. Showed her "Our Eternal Life" video. She liked it.

We have contacted near enough every less-active in our area.  It's gunna be an interesting next six weeks trying to find stuff to do in the evenings when it gets dark, unless we find more people to teach.
 
While tracting we have found mostly people are not home. Even on Saturday. It's annoying. Folks, tracting is not efficient. It's all about the referrals, man.

At district meeting last week my zone leader accidentally deleted my gospel library app. DAH! It's been most annoying not having it. He was trying to be helpful and get me the updated version but it didn't work. I was going to get it fixed at transfers but Sis. Newman and I are not going to be there so I don't know how that's going to work. It's super convent having the mormon messages on there (when you have your gospel library app) but yeah, I'm not super techy so I don't really appreciate them as much. I like the good ol' paper and pencil planners.

Today at 4 we are going to help a member's neighbor move. Missionaries get used a lot to help move. I'm actually happy to do it because we get to wear jeans! And kind of do something physical. I really miss being more active. I hope I can be on bike someday.

This week we are also going to get a family history tutorial from a family history guru in the ward. This past week we had two people interested in family history while tracting and one less-active interested. I guess I should probably figure out how to do it before I start preaching it to people, eh?

Well folks it's been most fun reading all your emails and such! Love you all!

Love,
Sis. Magnusson

No comments:

Post a Comment