Portland, Oregon Temple

Portland, Oregon Temple
Portland, Oregon Temple

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"It just rains. Rains, rains, rains...all the time."

happy valentine day! we got these from the member that fed us that night
dinner with an awesome ward missionary from the reedville ward! 
 such a great example of enduring it well!
 Hello everybody!

A big shout out to Sis. Vaughan and the Duarte 2nd Ward for the Valentine's Day note and goodies! My card is hanging by my desk :)

The snow has come and gone. It pretty much disappeared by Tuesday. It's funny because with my experience, when snow melts everything is brown and dead. Not in Oregon! The snow went away and the grass was still very much green underneath. Crazy. Now it just rains. Rains, rains, rains...all the time.

So I'm getting more use to the iPads. We finished transferring all the area book onto it. It helps that we are sharing a ward with Elders because the work is split in half. I'm still not use to whipping it out to set up an appointment with someone when we are at the doorstep or something. Sister Newman is better at that than I. It's just kind of awkward and sometimes slowerish. And only one person can input stuff because if we put input stuff about a lesson or appointment and then we sync, then it will put stuff on twice. It is nice to have the Mormon Messages on there. We still haven't taught a legit lesson with it yet. We practiced at Zone Meeting how to teach lesson 1 using it like a slideshow. Still not good at it, I got to practice more to make it not weird or awkward.

Yesterday we went to the Washington Square mall with a family from the Farmington Ward....it's kind of by the temple. It was kind of weird being there and seeing the world in action. Most people place high importance on things that aren't important. It was also weird to see the style of clothes. I guess the bulky sweater look is now in....especially in Oregon. That's all they sell in the stores. Sweaters. In California its not really cool to wear sweaters...or is it now? Probably because it's Oregon and cold and you need to always wear some kind of jacket thing. Although I'm one to talk. Everyday I wear the same black sweater thing. EVERYDAY. It's like my shirt. It's because that’s the only jacket thing I own and then I wear the coat Rachel bought me last year. Rachel, little did you know that I would wear that thing like EVERYDAY on the mish. It's great because it's warm and waterproof. It was great for the snow too. And the rain. Because it rains. All the time. Rain.
 Anywho, this week we stopped by a lady who was a referral from the Elders. She is being baptized Jehovah Witness next month. She was the nicest JW I've ever met on the mish. She let us in, let us share the about The Restoration. Basically agreed to everything we said. Said she would read the Book of Mormon. Shared with us all the service she gives in her church, how she knocks doors, showed us her little pamphlets and books and stuff. I don't see her progressing but it was sure an interesting visit. We are going to  stop by this week too. We'll see how it goes.
 
We have more appointments with less-actives this week. I hope they go well. All they need to know is how much God loves them and how activity in the Church can bring so many blessings!

Well, the church is true my friends :)

Love,
Sis. Magnusson

No comments:

Post a Comment