Portland, Oregon Temple

Portland, Oregon Temple
Portland, Oregon Temple

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"So, I've been transfered to....

...GLADSTONE!  Home of the Gladiatores!"
 "And I'm very happy to be on this rock!"

Editor's note:  
Sis. Magnusson's dad is principal at Gladstone Highschool in California!
This is a screen shot of the California Gladstone's webpage

Hello Everybody!

The day has come that I have been transferred from the Aloha and Hillsboro area. I didn't think I was going to be transferred because I was there forever so I thought I would keep being there forever.

Well I have been transferred to Gladstone Oregon, in the Milwaukee Stake! I was very excited when I heard I was going to Gladstone! I didn't know anything about the area but just the fact that I will be in GLADSTONE...Dad's namesake, I knew this was going to be a very good thing. I'm serving with Sister Taylor Allen from Arizona. She seems pretty awesome. I am way excited to serve with her. She has graduated from some school in Georgetown with a fashion marketing degree. She has been serving in the Gladstone for three months. I'm glad I'm not whitewashing. She is driving. First time I haven't driven on the mission. I kind of wish I was because that's how you get to know where everything is but, that's okay.   Gladstone seems to be an area where they do a lot of  teaching.

So miracles of miracles last week.  We had an investigator and his wife come to church last week.  I told her I was speaking in church and she said she'd come. They came to our ward game night party! They were able to connect with few people there! So awesome! And her husband said he liked church! I love love them. They are going to be a family I definitely make a priority to see when I come back to Oregon.

Oh and  another family we’ve been working with came to the ward party as well!  They had such a great time! And she came to church! A family from church was able to give her a ride. She really enjoyed herself I think and said she loved how people were so welcoming.

My talk went good on Sunday! I talked about he Gospel of Jesus Christ, and kind of threw in the Restoration in there. I was a little nervous because I didn't even really finish planning it by Sunday morning, but it all came together. A lot of people said they liked it, and a lady in the ward who is a married to a non-member said she was glad her husband was in sacrament meeting that day. That made me feel good.

And also miracles of miracles we were able to have one of our investigator’s lesson at the patriarch's house who lives super-duper close to her and we were able to have a member come! It was like all the stars aligned just right. We did some review of the Plan of Salvation and she remembered pretty much all of the points! We reviewed the Plan of Salvation because we had a lesson on Agency. We read about Agency out of the strength of the youth pamphlet. I wish she talked more so we know what she is thinking about all this but she usually doesn't say much during the lesson. But I think she really likes us. I wasn't able to say goodbye to her but I wrote her a note for Sister Powner to give her.

We taught a less-actives family and their daughter really loves Sister Powner so that is good that she is staying. We taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she seemed to get it which is awesome. Her brother also sat in which is great! We read a scripture in Alma 32 about faith and then he was just sitting there reading the rest of the chapter to himself as we were talking to his sister. Cool! We committed them to finish Alma 32. They are both in their 20’s.

We were also able to teach and help out  another member. We helped her clean out her house for a garage sale and she actually fell when we were there (she's 72) and we were able to help her up with a neighbor. She said she didn't know what she would do if we were there because she wouldn't be able to get up by herself. She's awesome. I hope to see her when I come back as well.

Okay, I should go. Guys, I truly am excited to be here in Gladstone with Sister Allen and I feel like Heavenly Father has been watching out for me, as he does with all of His children. Love you all! The church is true!

-Sister Magnusson 

 elder barlow is leaving so we gave him a pinada

serving a member of the ward

me and a  young woman we would take to lessons 
we are standing beside their "toaster van"  :)

the next couple of pictures are from the ward party


the next few pictures are of ward members

i love these ladies

one of my favorite ward members.  also a ward missionary

a great ward family and also our neighbors

No comments:

Post a Comment