Portland, Oregon Temple

Portland, Oregon Temple
Portland, Oregon Temple

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"I'm just saying, love you guys!"

Hey!

So this email is going to be short because  I'm typing it on the iPad because the family history library internet isn't working.

Today we went to downtown Portland. Downtown always fascinates me. It is quite a unique place. Very hipster/hippie-esk, with interesting people. Too bad I can't send pics this week because there are some good ones. A lady from the ward took us. So nice. She is awesome. She also lets us do our laundry at her house every Monday. She took us out to eat at Elephants. It was way good. Very portlandish restaurant. Very organic, vegan, gultan free...that sort of thing, they serve salads on 2 by 4s. 

Oh my goodness the beginning of this week was very emotionally exhausting. One of our investigators became homeless, along with her friend so trying to get help for them was very hard. We have since lost track on them but hopefully they will pop up again. I can never be a social worker and deal with this stuff all the time...I kept telling Sister Allen that. I kept thinking of my favorite BIL (brother-in-law) Dave . Dave just got his doctorate in social work.

On Saturday night we had an appointment with our less active neighbor. Anywho, we knock on his door and his roommate's 10 year old brother answers and we start chit chatting a bit. Super smart kid. Like probably the smartest 10 year old I've ever met. We end up giving him a Book of Mormon and give him the war chapters to read. We figured he would get into that. Our neighbor comes home and we end up teaching him and the boy the Plan of Salvation. The boy totally got into it. And he paid attention the whole time and asked some good questions., “how do you repent?" And when talking about the Atonement he's like “hmmm, that makes sense." He was so open to the whole thing. He doesn't live in our ward boundaries so we got to tack him down and get the elders to teach him.

Thursday we had zone meeting up in the Mt. Hood area. Then we had interviews with President and Sister Ballard. We didn't get home till 9pm. There was seriously such a long line of missionaries to be interviewed. Poor president Ballard, he looked so worn out. Can you imagine doing interviews for like 9 hours straight? And it was all week. My goodness. They have a different style than the Morbys but they will be good.

Friday we had like 4 solid appointments and they all fell through. Ugh. We were able to teach a spontaneous member present lesson to a lady that we got as a referral a few weeks ago that we helped moved from Milwaukie to Gladstone. We had a young woman with us. This lady is so open and I thinks really likes us. She took a Book of Mormon and said she would pray about it, that's pretty cool. She is going through some not so fun health problems.

Yesterday we were frustrated with one of our investagators because she was had every excuse under the sun not to go to church. I can not begin to tell you how hard satan is working on her....

OK, my time is up. Sorry this email is so lame. I hate typing on the iPad. And there is no pics. And I can't reply personally to your emails.  I'm just saying, love you guys!

Sister mag

No comments:

Post a Comment