Portland, Oregon Temple

Portland, Oregon Temple
Portland, Oregon Temple

Monday, April 20, 2015

Sister Magnusson's Last Day in the Mission

After 18 months of looking at this missionary board as we eat our family meals, we will have Kristine sitting at our kitchen table eating our meal together in person  tomorrow, April 21.  We look forward to picking her up at the airport.  
You are all invited to attend our Sunday service on Sunday May, 10 (Mother's day) to hear Kristine speak about her expereinces of bringing her brothers and sisters from Portland, Oregon to Christ.  The services will be at the Duarte Building at 1452 Royal Oaks Drive, Duarte, CA.  The services start at 10:00 am.  

Hey, don't have time to write an email but here parts of an email I wrote to my mission president this morning. I love you guys and I will see you tomorrow. I love you!

Hey President!

It's been a good last week. We were able to get a good number of visits in. We had a great visit to the temple with our investigators. The wife really liked the temple videos, especially when it showed inside the temple. She said her original notion of Mormon temples was quite unknown so there was a little bit of a negative connotation just because she didn't know much temples. She also liked learning how much of the community was involved in the building of the Portland Oregon temple process.  They liked walking around the grounds and we got to sit in the atrium for a few minutes. They said it was so peaceful and beautiful in there. The wife really appreciated being able to get a small taste of what the temple was like being in the atrium.
You can also see the video by clicking here

I had a good experience at the departing temple trip. I haven't really missed my family on the mission since I have been on my own for a while but it was in the celestial room I felt a deep yearning ache to see my family again and I got pretty emotional. I feel blessed that I haven't been homesick these past 18 months. I am really excited to see my family tomorrow....

Thanks for everything President! I feel so privileged to have served under your leadership.  You have changed my life not only for the present and future but for the eternities. Thank you.

Love,
Sister Magnusson

This is a post Kristine wrote on her Facebook page this morning:

On October 21st, 2013, (18 months ago tomorrow) I left the Missionary Training Center for Portland, Oregon. Today is my last day as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Tomorrow I will be leaving Portland, Oregon to go home to California. It is impossible to accurately describe what it is like to be a Mormon missionary. It can only be experienced. I am so grateful for all my companions, the areas I served in, and the many hundreds of people I was able to meet in this great state. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that the Atonement is real. I know the Book of Mormon and the Bible contain the word of God. I know there is a purpose to this life and in the life to come, and I know families can be together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment