Portland, Oregon Temple

Portland, Oregon Temple
Portland, Oregon Temple

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Last Letter from the MTC

10/14/13

Yo Yo!

Greetings from the MTC!  Thank you all for your Dear Elders!  I still haven’t had a p-day yet, so I haven’t checked any emails.  It’s kind of weird hearing from you guys cuz it’s like, man, life still goes on when time sort of stands still here.  I seriously have a 200 yard radius and that’s the only place I’ve been to for the past 5 days.  Oh wait, that was a lie....we did do a temple walk on Sunday for about 45 minutes.  So change that to a 400 yard radius.  It doesn’t even feel like I’m in Provo.  It’s like I’m in a whole other world....well, maybe cuz I am.  But life is great and grand. 

Talk about just learning and studying 24/7!  And boy, am I learnin’!  And you know what?  I seriously think I’ll be sufficiently prepared to go to Oregon after 10 and a half days.  We report to the travel office at 4:30 am on the 21st to do a straight flight to Portland.  Pretty crazy, man. 

Sunday was way good.  Had a couple of interviews with the Branch Pres.  He made me and my companion, Sis Dittmar, Sister Training Leaders.  Kind of like District Leaders, but for the sisters.  Basically that means we need to orient the new sisters that come in on Wednesday in our district, give them the modesty talk, love them, and report any problems to the Zone Leaders and the Branch Pres.  Fun stuff, man.  I still really like my companion and district.  I will miss the elders when they leave cuz they aren’t going to Portland.  We have a lot of elders in our zone that are pretty nuts, but ya’ know...a lot can happen in two years. 

But anyways, yeah, Sunday was good.  I loved Relief Society.  Sister Bonnie Oscarson, the YW General President spoke.   She did great, but my favorite part of the meeting was singing the opening song.  It was, As Sisters in Zion, but Janice Kapp Perry came to the MTC a little bit ago and changed the lyrics to the song to apply to sister missionaries.**  Anyway, with all the sisters standing and singing and those words were so powerful, I couldn’t even sing it.  I was bawling!
 My companion's dad is a Branch Pres. at the MTC so we ran into her mom at Relief Society and that was really fun to meet her.  I gave her a hug and I felt like I was hugging you, Ma.  Hopefully you got the email she sent you.  Later that night we watched an old MTC devotional the Elder Bednar gave a few years ago on Christmas day.  That was also really powerful.  Almost to the point it made me feel overwhelmed with my responsibility as a missionary and my personal conversion.  Man, wish I could write more, but time is out.  You’ll hear again from me on Thursday.  But you actually might get that email first. 

K, love you all.  I pray for you ever night! 

Love,

Sister Magnusson

**The Sisters of Zion
Words and Music by Janice Kapp Perry

The sisters of Zion are called to God’s labor

We willingly serve Him with spirit and might

We go to the nations with truth everlasting

We teach of the Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ



We thank thee, O God, for a prophet to guide us

We trust in His words and our purpose is clear

The angels of heaven are walking beside us

We’ll share our glad message with all who will hear



We go forth enlisted with Helaman’s Army

In numbers much greater than ever before

With power and spirit we’ll faithfully witness

The heavens have spoken, and truth is restored

To hear the song click here and scroll down to the end of the article by Meridian Magazine and click on the arrow by the speaker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment